Friday, February 12, 2010

Dragon Sex

I was looking up my on my journal for something to put on my blog when I found this funny gem:
It occurred to me a while ago that in this first episode of the trilogy the protagonist and his love interest must procreate. The conclusion of this discussion will not be revealed in the book, but I do believe it is a relevant concern. But how exactly is this accomplished in dragons? Do they have intercourse or do the males fertilize the eggs externally? My guess it’s like gator sex, everyone assumes they’re having sex by their position, but nobody wants to jump into the water to check. Same thing with dragons, they moan and grunt, but nobody wants to look for fear of being burnt. So people can hear the commotion a distance away, but nobody is curious enough to investigate which avenue they take. Just as well I suppose. Young male dragons experience nervousness their first time. 


How do you think dragons reproduce? Would you want to know?

No comments:

Post a Comment