Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dragon vs. Dragon fighting

I want to start by discussing how difficult it was to decide on a topic for today's blog. I had three in mind: this one, the rules of the Renewal Water, or I could continue talking about gifts. If you have a preference on which one you want me to discuss next you can fill out my comments below or you can tweet me @Sorica2001.


Now awhile ago on twitter, I made the argument that even before humans that dragons fought one another. I made such an argument because at the end of Book One of the Celtic Realm Prophecies I have Prag and Praxel duking it out.


When I was researching the topic of dragon on dragon fights, I was surprised at how little information was out there. There are no videos on youtube (except on a fight between a T-rex and a dragoness protecting her chick, Thanks Discovery Channel) and no movies that I can think of except maybe the end of Dragonheart II and very few pictures or articles. Fortunately, I have a very good imagination. And this lack of resources means I'm free to bullshit. And who knows, maybe my book will establish a new craze on dragon to dragon fighting.


However, I do want to establish certain parameters. Like the weapons of a typical european dragon include: Fire breath, spikes along the spine, talons, whipping tail, teeth, and horns on head. Their weak spots include: Eyes, under belly, wing flaps, and the soft skin under their scales. Their defenses include: flying away, bluffing, sounding an alarm, blocking attacks with forearms, and hoarding gems and putting them underneath the stomach scales. Finally Prag's reason for fighting Praxel: Praxel threatens the lives of his beloved Amelia and their eggs. Praxel's reason for fighting Prag: ? Because he likes being a bully, I don't know


How do you think the smackdown should happen?

1 comment:

  1. If the amount of swtor credits you order from us is less than 50000K, we are typically able to deliver within 10 mins to 1 hour after verification. If we cannot complete your order within 3 hours, we will give you 5% extra of total value of your
    order (Less than or equal to 50000K)!

    ReplyDelete