Monday, February 8, 2010

On the Superbowl

On the Superbowl last night (don’t worry, I won’t get into specifics), I will concede that my dragon friend was closer than me on the score. He predicted 35 to 14 Saints and I predicted 45 to 17 Saints. He turned out to be 1 point off the total score vs. my total, which was 14 points off. However we both choose the Saints to win. And all of the “experts” were hoping the Saints would win, but were calling for the colts. Next time, listen to the dragon.
Of the commercials, there was one Doritos and one Budweiser that I liked. The Doritos commercial I liked was that first one where that one guy was in the coffin full of chips. Then the coffin falls off the altar and the guy and chips o flying down the stairs. And another guy jumps into the aisle and shouts, “It’s a miracle!” Yeah, that made me laugh. And there was something heart touchingly precious about one of the beer commercials, the one with the colt and the calf running side by side with a fence between them. Then three years later, the colt is now a carriage-pulling Clydesdale and the calf is now a bull with really long horns. So the bull rams the fence and friends are now unseparatable. Isn’t that a sweet story? And no men where embarrassed during the making of either commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment