Thursday, March 11, 2010

Book Review 1

This is my review of The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. I've tried my best to keep the spoilers to a minimum, but their are some:


I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the book considering some of the negative reviews on Amazon. I found myself unable to put the book down for hours on end. I kept telling myself I’ll stop at this chapter, but then I’ll go one chapter more. The only thing that constantly stopped me was neck fatigue from having to look down at my book. It was definitely a page turner.
So you have to ask yourself why were there so many negative reviews. Some say he was too formulaic and filled his books with extraneous information. And I bet there were some who didn’t like the BS.
Well, I found that extraneous information very enlightening. And I rather like Robert Langdon. I actually cried when he drowned. And I thought the antagonist was good as a bad guy. I really hated the antagonist. As for the other characters in the story I thought they could be real people. As for the BS, you know it would be cool to find out if some of it was real, but it doesn’t have to be the absolute truth. It’s called fiction for one thing. True the story does end up taking you 360º, but so does life sometimes.

1 comment: