Saturday, March 20, 2010

Issues with my Mom

I have to say that my mom and I usually get along pretty well. But recently she's been making up these rules that I can't follow or don't want to follow.

Because of my Ataxia I can be hard to understand. And my voice was taken away from an encounter with thrush. And I have some emotional issues due to several years of abuse from my father and my peers. The result is that I have a quiet whiny voice that is nearly impossible to understand, especially if the word I'm trying to pronounce has a consonant in it.

So what are the new rules? 1. No screaming. I assume this means whenever I'm close to her, but whenever she's far away I have to because she CAN'T HEAR A DAMN THING. 2. Tell me what you want. I'm trying to, but how do you expect me to make sense when I'm crying with ataxia. Don't yell at me or else you'll make it worse. 3. Stop screaming. When I am screaming that's because I'm frustrated. And by saying that makes me more frustrated. One day I'm going to scream at the top of my lungs. How about "calm down" or "relax"or adding a "please" to rule #3. 4. Assume the proper position. Head up. Toes pointed not curled. Put your feet under you. Sit up. Yes, I know from time to time I need reminders. But if you expect me to be able to do the right thing all the time you better get me a freaking exorcist. But please, stop treating me like I'm 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment