Sunday, April 11, 2010

Stats on my book writing

I really enjoy writing. But there are some problems that have been occurring lately with writing my first book. The first one is lack of reference material. Seriously I can't find one thing on one-on-one dragon fights let alone how dragon boxing matches are supposed to happen. The good news is that I have a lot of room in which to bullshit. The bad news is that there are no established guidelines. So I'm sort of the first to write about dragon boxing. If I were to guess I would say it would be a combination of kangaroo and human boxing. The second is the inability to fill the holes. There are gaps in my chapter 10. Normally this wouldn't be a problem except that my non-hole parts already have more than 4500 words in this one chapter. And I'm not even done with the bulk of this chapter yet. So in the end I'm going to have one really long chapter. My third problem is knots. Knots are places in the story that either force the story to go on longer or screw the story up completely. First you have to find them. And sometimes they're there and sometimes they're not. When you do find them you can either delete and go around them or you can try to comb them out. Either way it's a big pain in the ass.

Mood: tired
Music: none
chapter:10.5 out of 21

No comments:

Post a Comment